U.S. State Department Vacancies
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE; or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant's work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position.
Where to find the DS-174
Access the DS-174 Application for Employment form by visiting this link.
The form should be filled out electronically, then printed and submitted in hard copy or scanned and submitted by e-mail.
Where to Submit Your Application
Human Resources Office
Via E-Mail: email@example.com
Or via Fax: 357-22-393930
Or via Mail:
Human Resources Office
U.S. Embassy, Nicosia
Metochiou & Ploutarchou Streets
Engomi 2407 Nicosia - Cyprus
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications of the position in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.