United States Embassy Co-Sponsors Workshop in Intellectual Property Rights (April 8, 2009)
For Immediate Release
U.S. Embassy Nicosia
April 8, 2009
On Friday, April 10, 2009, the United States Embassy in Cyprus and the Turkish-Cypriot Chamber of Commerce are co-sponsoring a seminar on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) open to all business and community leaders. The event will take place at the Turkish Cypriot Chamber of Commerce located at 90 Bedreddin Demirel Caddesi, from 3:45-6:45 pm. Simultaneous translation in Turkish and English will be available. Those interested in attending are encouraged to RSVP by telephone (228 68 22) or e-mail to email@example.com.
Promoting and protecting intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, and patents, is in every community's interest in order to stimulate innovation and creativity. Protecting intellectual property and knowledge industries is a cornerstone of development, and the safeguarding of IPR enhances a country's business, investment, and artistic environment.
The Guest Speakers will include:
- Ms. Elçim Barkay, Copyrights Director, BSA/Microsoft, Istanbul, Turkey
- Ms. Nilüfer Sapancilar, General Manager, American Motion Picture Association (MPA), Istanbul, Turkey
- Mr. Ahmet Asena, Secretary General, Professional Association for Phonogram Makers (Mu-Yap), Istanbul, Turkey
- Mr. Matthew Lamberti, IP Coordinator, Eastern Europe, U.S. Department of Justice
- Dr. Alan Waring, International Risk Management Consultant and Chief Executive, Asia Risk Group